MatchMaker2 - New version released and Lua bound! (v0.4f)

Discussion about MatchMaker, MultiArcanum, UltimateArcanum and other multiplayer projects.
Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Re: MatchMaker2 - New version released and Lua bound! (v0.4f

Post by Crypton » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:42 am

You mean that you want a foot travel back in multiplayer? Well, that could be possible to implement, but it would be super fast traveling, i.e. the in-game time won't advance for you so quickly as in singleplayer. It's because all players must have the in-game time sync-ed with the server time, you just cannot advance in time for few hours and have a day and other players night.

Well, I'll look at it, but after final exams, so after like 2-3 weeks.

Cheers. ;)

soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by soshial » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Crypton wrote:You mean that you want a foot travel back in multiplayer? Well, that could be possible to implement, but it would be super fast traveling, i.e. the in-game time won't advance for you so quickly as in singleplayer. It's because all players must have the in-game time sync-ed with the server time, you just cannot advance in time for few hours and have a day and other players night.

Well, I'll look at it, but after final exams, so after like 2-3 weeks.

Cheers. ;)
By the way, good luck with your exams -- seems that they are utterly important to you, since they would be no retake/repass.
We are also hoping to start hearing about some progress at OpenArcanum engine again :)

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

soshial wrote:By the way, good luck with your exams -- seems that they are utterly important to you, since they would be no retake/repass.
We are also hoping to start hearing about some progress at OpenArcanum engine again :)
Thank you! Actually the whole future of ArcanumAlive project depends on if I pass those exams or not. Naturally, the first thing that I'll start regretting after not passing those exams is this project, as I've spent enormous time working on it instead of visiting and learning for school. Then I'll probably delete this website and it's content, and after all, I'll jump out of window using my favorite umbrella as parachute. Just to let you know, so you won't be surprised :D

Cheers :whistle:

soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by soshial » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Crypton wrote:
soshial wrote:By the way, good luck with your exams -- seems that they are utterly important to you, since they would be no retake/repass.
Thank you! Actually the whole future of ArcanumAlive project depends on if I pass those exams or not. Naturally, the first thing that I'll start regretting after not passing those exams is this project, as I've spent enormous time working on it instead of visiting and learning for school. Then I'll probably delete this website and it's content, and after all, I'll jump out of window using my favorite umbrella as parachute. Just to let you know, so you won't be surprised :D

Cheers :whistle:
Ahahaha. That's very funny =)
I'm also hecking your status: did jump or didn't jump =)))) How are your exams? Hope, they did went okay.

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:34 am

soshial wrote:Ahahaha. That's very funny =)
I'm also hecking your status: did jump or didn't jump =)))) How are your exams? Hope, they did went okay.
Hello, unfortunately I didn't pass. Thanks for asking.
Offtopic:
I've got A for my thesis, but D for first exam. I've passed the the second exam (B), but when you get D in any exam, the overall mark is D.

The problem was that there were no tests, it was a oral exam (viva) and they let you randomly pick two topics using cards, give you few minutes for preparation and then you got to talk. But I was so nervous that I couldn't speak a word, as there was at least 6 teachers glazing at me :roll:

Anyway, I sent a request to dean, asking him to extend my studies by one semester, so I can repeat the first exam. The school's rulebook says that every student can repeat any part of final exam once, so I think that he would grant my request. I should get the reply this week, probably today or tomorrow already, but the next term of final exams is somewhere in January, so I still got like 4 months to wait.
By the way, I've started to work on OpenArcanum again. Slowly, but after months of pause, it's still fast enough. I'll post a detailed development report soon (I hope).
Have a nice day.

soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by soshial » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:04 am

Crypton wrote:Hello, unfortunately I didn't pass. Thanks for asking.
They won't even let me to repeat the exam and they've already terminated my student status. This is surely the biggest fail in my life, 5 years wasted. :(
I'm very-very-very sorry for that. I do know very well what are these oral exams and they were a disaster for me: I felt absolutely the same — even if I had prepared well, I was too nervous say anything right at the moment I was asked. I didn't even imagine that study rules are so strict in Czech.
I hope, your career will not suffer from this at all and you will sail towards your new goals and discoveries.
Considering your experience in gamedev you might have a good look at a job in game development industry. Do not loose your heart!

Crypton wrote:By the way, I've started to work on OpenArcanum again. Slowly, but after months of pause, it's still fast enough. I'll post a detailed development report soon (I hope).
Have a nice day.
These are the great news you still have will and ardour to continue working on the project. Keep us updated! :)

soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by soshial » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm very sorry, if my constant status-updating is unnerving to you - I'm just curious if there any interesting progress :)

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:46 am

Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm currently busy with other matters.
Offtopic:
I sent a retraction letter to the dean of the faculty, where I'm requesting a renewal of my student status, but that was about a 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for the reply. It's strange, because the university haven't deleted my student account yet, and I can still login, but officially I've stopped being student like 5 weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm currently also looking for a job, but it's hard when I don't know if they're going to take me back or not.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to work on OpenArcanum and this website, but not MatchMaker, if you're asking about it. I hope that I will get better soon and that I'll start working on OpenArcanum more often, like I did before.

Cheers ;)

soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by soshial » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Crypton wrote:Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm currently busy with other matters.
Offtopic:
I sent a retraction letter to the dean of the faculty, where I'm requesting a renewal of my student status, but that was about a 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for the reply. It's strange, because the university haven't deleted my student account yet, and I can still login, but officially I've stopped being student like 5 weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm currently also looking for a job, but it's hard when I don't know if they're going to take me back or not.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to work on OpenArcanum and this website, but not MatchMaker, if you're asking about it. I hope that I will get better soon and that I'll start working on OpenArcanum more often, like I did before.

Cheers ;)
Yes, I was actually asking about OpenArcanum and not MatchMaker all this time :)
I hope you have enough time for implementing our dream =) Did you find some job or don't feel any need in it yet?

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 am

soshial wrote:Yes, I was actually asking about OpenArcanum and not MatchMaker all this time :)
I hope you have enough time for implementing our dream =) Did you find some job or don't feel any need in it yet?
I do have a time for it now, since I'm now a university dropout :)

About OpenArcanum, I've been working on some 2D and 3D graphics for a few last days. I've created some 2D logos and stuff for the OpenArcanum, and these can be found here:
http://arcanum.game-alive.com/forums/vi ... 311&p=1010

Also, I'm currently trying to re/create the original player model and animations, so we could render some new NPC and PC sprites for the both, OpenArcanum and Arcanum. Also, when it's done, it can be used to switch from 2D to 2.5D mode. I've wrote already a list of conversion steps, which I'll post in a new topic later, including some diagrams.