MatchMaker2 - New version released and Lua bound! (v0.4f)

Discussion about MatchMaker, MultiArcanum, UltimateArcanum and other multiplayer projects.
Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Re: MatchMaker2 v0.3c - Released and Lua bound!

Postby Crypton » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:53 am

Xayvong wrote:For some reason I can't join any games. Me and my buddy tried to connect to each other, but we couldn't. :cry:

We can see each others games, but I have no idea what isn't working right. :x

Any ideas?

It's pretty possible that you have a firewall enabled. That's pretty common issue while playing multiplayer games. You should disable it, or add exception to the white list. Also, it's possible that you don't have a public IP address, or you have but you have a router, in this case you should also setup port forwarding.

New version of MatchMaker can detect this issue. I will release new version withing a few days, it will add a lot of new features, so until then, try to change the firewall settings, if it helps.

Cheers.

Coin Donator
Ailing Wolf
Coin Donator
Ailing Wolf

Re: MatchMaker2 v0.3c - Released and Lua bound!

Postby Xayvong » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:59 am

It's pretty possible that you have a firewall enabled. That's pretty common issue while playing multiplayer games. You should disable it, or add exception to the white list. Also, it's possible that you don't have a public IP address, or you have but you have a router, in this case you should also setup port forwarding.

New version of MatchMaker can detect this issue. I will release new version withing a few days, it will add a lot of new features, so until then, try to change the firewall settings, if it helps.

Cheers.

Sounds good, I've tried disabling both of our firewalls already, but I've yet to try the port forwarding :shifty:

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the new version, I can't wait to see what you've got next :dance:

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Re: MatchMaker2 - New version released and Lua bound! (v0.4b

Postby Crypton » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:55 am

New version is out! Gameplay video and screenshots added as well.

Enjoy :D

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 am

Big news! With new version, it's possible to save the game in multiplayer! You can now save and load/restore the game from Lua without no problem. I'll release the new version withing a few days. It will be also possible to move objects, teleport and resurrect.

Bunny
Bunny

Postby Shadaoe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:15 pm

That's indeed a great news, thanks a lot for all these improvements !

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 pm

:) I'm glad you like it.

Btw, does anyone want a object scaling feature in the new version? It's possible to scale objects from like ~20-200% in Arcanum. It's possible to scale any objects, including critters:

(This is only random 70-130% scaling.)

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Re: MatchMaker2 - New version released and Lua bound! (v0.4f

Postby Crypton » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am

New version released! Enjoy and please read the changelog before installing.

Bunny
Bunny

Postby Groomer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Do you think travelling with the world map could be made possible for multiplayer?
Obviously for playing the regular game without the need for strange travelling mechanisms.

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:41 am

Yes, it is possible! I've already patched the game before to allow teleportation using world map for the MultiArcanum module. The only problem was, that it had one bug, i.e. when you teleported, it was visible only for you and other players still saw you in the place from where you teleported.

I can now fix this issue easily. You'd be also able to mark any place (i.e. exact tile XY location) for teleportation and then teleport to that place using single command. Also it will be possible to disable the anti-teleport completely.

Bunny
Bunny

Postby Groomer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:11 am

Well I thinking similar to the single player version, the way you can't go wherever you want at any given time, and you discover locations and so on. It would probably be a lot of work to make it, but all the features are already in single player.

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer Discussion