[REL] MatchMaker2 v0.1 - 8KB only!

Discussion about MatchMaker, MultiArcanum, UltimateArcanum and other multiplayer projects.
Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

[REL] MatchMaker2 v0.1 - 8KB only!

Postby Crypton » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:33 pm

ArcanumAlive MatchMaker2 v 0.1

Whats that?

Its replacement library for original WON MatchMaker library mm_won.dll,
that Arcanum uses for getting server list, adding servers to list, chatting and so on.

Why to replace original MatchMaker with this one?

Sierra has closed their servers already, so its not possible to create Online game in Arcanum,
its possible only to create Network game, and play via Hamachi or another VPN.
New MatchMaker fixes this problem of course...

What features has new MatchMaker ?

-Fixing multiplayer, now you can play online.
-Getting list of servers where you can play, they will be shown in Arcanum, when you click on Multiplayer->Online->Find Game.
-Adding your server to server list automatically when you create new game.
-Removing dead servers from server list automatically.
-No need to register, original MatchMaker needed from you to create a new account first.
-No need to login of course.

Why MatchMaker2 ?

First version of new MatchMaker was created along with MatchMaster, which was a crossplatform master server
that was needed to run on computer with public ip address.
Because it will be needed to buy virtual server, where I could run that MatchMaster, I've decided to go in another way.

After that I've decided to write new MatchMaster, that will be some kind of server API, so I could run that on any site that support PHP and MySQL.
It took me one day to write new MatchMaker and MatchMaster, and here it is, new, working and independent master server.

How to install?

Simply replace old mm_won.dll in Arcanum main folder, with new mm_won.dll, that it packed with this document.

Do you have any suggestions ? ideas ?

Contact me via email crypton.alive at gmail.com , as subject use "MatchMaker2", thank you! :)

--><--

FAQ:

Q:Why my server in not in server list ?
A:You need to have a public ip address, MatchMaster automatically refuse any attemp to add your server
to server list if you have a private ip address.

Q:When my servers gets removed from server list?
A:After 1 min of inactivity.

Q:How I find out that MatchMaker has received server list?
A:When you click at Multiplayer->Online->Find Game, as first line, you will see this line:

.:X servers found:.

This means that you successfully received a server list, and if you dont see this line, it means that some error happened.

Update:
More info can be found here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80&p=355#p355

Tom Hackers

Re: [REL] MatchMaker2 v0.1 - 8KB only!

Postby Tom Hackers » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:35 pm

First comment? Nice, i wish i could make a dedicated server. But it's great-awesome anyway.

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Tom Hackers wrote:First comment? Nice, i wish i could make a dedicated server. But it's great-awesome anyway.

Hmm, but you need a public IP address to create a dedicated server :) do you have ? because I need also test this MatchMaker :) and I need somebody who will test it.

About GrandMaster, I dont know, I can write that, but I dont know if it will be not wasting of time... :o

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby radzh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Crypton wrote:About GrandMaster, I dont know, I can write that, but I dont know if it will be not wasting of time... :o

It will be :)

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:12 pm

radzh wrote:
Crypton wrote:About GrandMaster, I dont know, I can write that, but I dont know if it will be not wasting of time... :o

It will be :)

Yeah it will be, but only researching that packets will be wasting of time, if I create dedicated server, it could be easily edited to work with OpenArcanum, since I know Arcanum protocol.

So maybe its time to let old Arcanum engine die, and start seriously working on OpenArcanum.... hmm I heard this from somebody at least once :D who could be that ? :shhh:

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby radzh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:14 pm

:D

Bunny
Bunny

Postby KOCT9 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Greetings Crypton! We with Woratiklis tested your program, but at us left nothing. It is possible to see in screenshots what does it look like?

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:16 pm

KOCT9 wrote:Greetings Crypton! We with Woratiklis tested your program, but at us left nothing. It is possible to see in screenshots what does it look like?

Hi, there is no any screenshots, only video, http://arcanum.game-alive.com/post/98/ :) I hope it helps a little bit, if not, then just ask... ;)

Bunny
Bunny

Postby KOCT9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 am

Once again greetings Crypton. Your program works, but it is possible to become a server only with external ip. With usual it is impossible... Checked...

Bunny
Bunny

Postby KOCT9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am

It turns out nothing even on video. I do precisely as well as on video, but a server it is not visible is is not present! What to do? Prompt please!

Next

Return to Multiplayer Discussion