Who does what?

Discuss anything that is related to OpenArcanum.
soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Re: Who does what?

Post by soshial » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 am

I think that Crypton should read all this. Is he still here? :(

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Sorry guys for letting you wait, but I needed a break... a big one. Also, sorry for the drama, I was just exhausted and completely drained out. :roll:

Anyway, I was planning to release the source code a long time ago. I was doing a lot of refactoring, fixing design flaws, adding comments, and converting whole engine to pure client-server based game, but something got in my way, and I stopped working on it, so the code can't even be compiled.

I'm not going to release something that won't even compile, so you guys have to wait a bit longer, until I manage to fix everything. It can take a few months, but don't worry, I'm not going to leave without releasing the source codes or finishing the damn thing.

Cheers ;)

P.S. And thanks guys for the support! I do appreciate that a lot!

Bia
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Bia » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm

sorry to hear man :/

it seems your not so happy with university(what university it is if i can ask?), u dont want to continue with studies after Bc.?
mby u would find more time in next parts of ur study...

well gl in your life and also with this project :)

soshial
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by soshial » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:37 am

What do you mean by "pure client-server based game"?

And by
I'm not going to leave without releasing the source codes or finishing the damn thing
do you mean that you won't leave the project without finishing it or I didn't get something? ;)

Bia
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Bia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am

soshial wrote:What do you mean by "pure client-server based game"?

And by
I'm not going to leave without releasing the source codes or finishing the damn thing
do you mean that you won't leave the project without finishing it or I didn't get something? ;)
He will definitely finish it, becouse we trust in him :)

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 am

soshial wrote:What do you mean by "pure client-server based game"?
By that, I meant that the whole game will be based on top of the client-server architecture, so it will be oriented for multiplayer gameplay, and even the singleplayer will be based on multiplayer, so it will be possible for others to join your game (if you allow it, of course).
soshial wrote:...do you mean that you won't leave the project without finishing it or I didn't get something?
Yes. I'll fix the source code, or I finish the whole thing, and then I'll publish the source code.
Bia wrote:it seems your not so happy with university(what university it is if i can ask?), u dont want to continue with studies after Bc.?
Don't get me started. Going to university? It was a one hell of a mistake, I regret that.
Bia wrote:well gl in your life and also with this project :)

Bia
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Bia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Don't get me started. Going to university? It was a one hell of a mistake, I regret that.
oh cmon man tell me :think:

i am quite interested since i am from same country as you are and i am also university student :D

so what university it is ČVUT? and what kind of problems you are experiencing?

well if you dont feel like speaking about it, you dont have to ;)

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Bia wrote:i am from same country as you are and i am also university student :D
Wow, so you're also Czech? That's quite surprising, since I was in belief that I'm the only one here.

Maybe I should add a Czech subforum... wanna some?

Bia
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Bia » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:13 am

Crypton wrote:
Bia wrote:i am from same country as you are and i am also university student :D
Wow, so you're also Czech? That's quite surprising, since I was in belief that I'm the only one here.

Maybe I should add a Czech subforum... wanna some?
well i have contacted you long ago with few questions about the project and you replied, your first answer was> Ahoj, známe se odněkud? protože se divím že tu zavítal i nějaký Čech...

but i understand that you forgot ;)

no need to add czech subforum since its propably only me and you who can speak czech here and also i dont like writing in czech(ach ta otravna diakritika) i am more comfortable with english

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 am

Bia wrote:well i have contacted you long ago with few questions about the project and you replied, your first answer was> Ahoj, známe se odněkud? protože se divím že tu zavítal i nějaký Čech...

but i understand that you forgot ;)

no need to add czech subforum since its propably only me and you who can speak czech here and also i dont like writing in czech(ach ta otravna diakritika) i am more comfortable with english
Oh, shoot, I'm really sorry for that. I do remember you now, and actually I still have you messages in PM box... so it was easy to remember :D