[WIP] MES to XML conversion

Discuss anything that is related to OpenArcanum.
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Re: [WIP] MES to XML conversion

Postby Koorac » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Here an example
Attachments
01000praetor.xml.zip
A sample of the converted dialogue
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby Bia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Koorac wrote:In case you are interested, I wrote a converter for dlg to XML quite a while ago.

I could upload the source code for the converter. There is also something for mes files in there. But be warned, it is code from when I was fairly new to programming :shock:

sure feel free to do so, but sadly i dont have mutch time now ... 22.12 first exam... and then a little break and again exams one after another ... 5.1, 12.1 ,17.1 and so on ..... but once i done with exams ill finish this job ;)

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby Koorac » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Here is the source. Fell free to do with it whatever you like
Attachments
src.zip
(6.89 KiB) Downloaded 950 times

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:11 am

Hi Koorac,

thanks for the source code, hopefully it's going to be useful for Bia or someone else ;)

Have a nice day.

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Bia wrote:
Koorac wrote:...i dont have mutch time now ... 22.12 first exam... and then a little break and again exams one after another ... 5.1, 12.1 ,17.1 and so on ..... but once i done with exams ill finish this job ;)

Hi Bia,

how are you? and how do you see it? Will you be able to finish the task or not? Please let me know ;)

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby Bia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:10 pm

Crypton wrote:
Bia wrote:
Koorac wrote:...i dont have mutch time now ... 22.12 first exam... and then a little break and again exams one after another ... 5.1, 12.1 ,17.1 and so on ..... but once i done with exams ill finish this job ;)

Hi Bia,

how are you? and how do you see it? Will you be able to finish the task or not? Please let me know ;)

sure i will, but first i gotta pass all the exams so far passed 4 out of 8 once i am done with that ill finish this job :)

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Bia wrote:sure i will, but first i gotta pass all the exams so far passed 4 out of 8 once i am done with that ill finish this job :)

Oh, I thought that you already passed all the exams. I also wasn't sure if you're still around. Well, thanks for telling me. ;)

Have a nice day.

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby Koorac » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 pm

What do you think of using ProtoBuf (https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/overview) as the data format?
It has a textual representation, but since it has a binary representation it is much faster than xml.

You could have the text files in the data folder, on first start those are parsed and stored in their binary form to a cache folder.
After that the change time gets compared: if the text file is newer reload that and save the new binary file, otherwise just use the binary file

I think this would be a good solution as a data format, since it is both human editable and very fast. And the file formats are very easily extensible.

Previous

Return to OpenArcanum Discussion