Writing

Discussion related to general content.
Blaze656
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Writing

Post by Blaze656 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:13 pm

So, I've started a nice article about a police raid in tarant with an orc slavery ring followup, and a page or two of a letter series about a botanist who very well may go mad. Haven't decided yet (was inspired by that Amnesia: Dark Descent add-on called Justine, a little bit. That game destroyed my sleep for days.)
I'll run with these for now, see how far they go. The article obviously won't go past a few pages but the letter series may go to 3-4 before segueing into a diary segment/short story style thing.

Zeratchi
Kite Scout
Kite Scout

Re: Writing

Post by Zeratchi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 am

Sounds good, keep up the good work. You should post your work here some time :)
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria

Blaze656
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Blaze656 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Well, Crypton mentioned something about some sort of "wordpress" blog style thing, but wordpress hasn't sent me any emails so yeah, I guess the forum will have to do.

Zeratchi
Kite Scout
Kite Scout

Post by Zeratchi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Post some work here on the forum, so that he can see what he unleashes onto the word-press section ^^
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria

Blaze656
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Blaze656 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I'll keep adding to what I've written over time

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 pm

It's strange that you haven't received any email from WordPress yet. Do you normally receive any other emails from this website? Like the topic reply notifications emails?

Anyway, I saw those letters of yours, and I think that those are more of a forum material. You see, on the website's main page, there should be posted a news about the game, this project, and any other Arcanum related project from other websites, nothing more, nothing less.

So if you want to write only a stories and letters, it's better that you post them here. If there are enough of them, I'll mention them on the front page or even put them into own subsection. ;)

Cheers

Blaze656
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Blaze656 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:42 pm

cool...but then, what was the wordpress thing for then if not writing stuff? well...it doesn't matter. That was starting to sound over complicated, and this works just fine.