Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

ArcVoice v0.4 - Voice Actor's Helper

Postby Crypton » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:47 am

Hello my friends,

I was working on a new tool that will greatly help you with a voice acting for Arcanum game. I worked on it for only two days, but I think that it's already ready for it's first release. It's written in Delphi, and source code is released as well, so if you do some fancy modifications, please upload sources as well.

What it does?

It allows you to open a dialog file (*.dlg), add a speech to every line of the dialog, and then install everything easily into Arcanum, so you can hear it in the game. You can easily record that speech using your microphone, and then play, edit, or delete that recorded audio file directly in ArcVoice without a problem. Or you can even record that speech in some fancy 3rd party application, and simply browse and assign the audio file to the line directly in the ArcVoice. Also, everything you create using ArcVoice is saved in a very simple voice bank, which consist of one directory and the bank file (*.vbnk), so it's really easy to transfer it another computer or even share it on the internet.

Feature list:
-Opening dialog files, creating new voice banks
-Recording speech using a microphone for a selected line with just one click.
-High quality recoding into wave format, 44100kHz, 16 bit, mono for space saving.
-Build-in audio player, browser, and it's possible to assign external audio file to a selected line, which will be copied into bank after you click on assign button.
-Filtering lines by voice actor's gender.
-Highlighting lines by their state. Purple = Missing speech for both genders. Blue = Missing speech for one of the genders. Green = No speech is missing.
This feature also prevents a duplication of dialog lines. If you assign voice to one line, and another line with the very same text is found, it will be automatically highlighted using those colors.
-Playing and recording selected line using the Microsoft Speech technology. It will list all voice actors you have installed in you system (at least one voice is should be available - Microsoft Sam). Even better, it's also highlighting words as it's speaking.
-Big display screen for comfortable reading :)

Screenshots:

Changelog:

Version 0.2:
-Added button External, for opening recorded sounds in your favorite sound editor.
-Added settings form + config file.
-Thats all, I'm lazy :D

Version 0.3:
-Fixed a serious bug in dialog loading procedure. Now all dialogs should be loaded and displayed correctly.

Version 0.4:
-Added Export feature. Now you can easily save all the voice files into a module directory with just one click! It will automatically convert all recorded .wav files into .mp3 files, generate a .dlg file, and then save everything into the module directory you choose. Normally, you would have to do that manually, using this tutorial, which would be pretty painful, I think. Also, the audio quality is now much better than before! It's using a Lame encoder, with settings for best quality and higher bitrates (128kbit - which is twice better).
-Added "Zooming" feature.
-Fixed few bugs.

Version 0.4c (2012/05/24):
-Added safe mode check. After you click on a delete and record button, it will ask for confirmation (if the selected line has a speech assigned to it), so you won't accidentally delete or re-record it.
-Added detection for Audacity editor. If you run the ArcVoice, it will try to find a location of audacity, but only if you haven't selected another editor already. Known bug: Works only if you install audacity to default directory.
-Made a few tweaks and fixed few bugs.

Download:

Version 0.4f:
--><-

Version 0.3:
--><--

Please report any bugs here, any ideas and comments are welcomed :)

Zeratchi

Re: [REL] ArcVoice v0.1 - Arcanum Voice Actor Helper

Postby Zeratchi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:50 am

I shall take controll on this section.
Don't worry!
Being working my ass of with a lot of other things the past several days, reason why I haven't done/said something.

But the voice thing, I will try and make something useful with it!

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:03 am

Zeratchi wrote:I shall take controll on this section.
Don't worry!
Being working my ass of with a lot of other things the past several days, reason why I haven't done/said something.

But the voice thing, I will try and make something useful with it!

Hi! Thank you for your affirmation :) but I'm sure that We will need more than one voice actor, because there is so many dialogs with different NPC, and it will be impossible to handle them all alone, plus it will be great if there will be more new voices, hearing one voice in all dialogs might sounds weird, unless you know how change some of your voice characteristics, like accent :)

See ya ;)

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby rroyo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

Looks good!

Although I'm currently not in a position to be of any help with voice acting, I'm going to have to check this out.
If you can't go through a problem, go over it, under it, or around it.

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby radzh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:31 pm

People here work on voice acting: http://forums.arcanumclub.ru/index.php?showtopic=1982
Announced there.

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:06 pm

radzh wrote:People here work on voice acting: http://forums.arcanumclub.ru/index.php?showtopic=1982
Announced there.

Thank you :) maybe somebody will be interested, and I hope that somebody start with voice acting soon, because if somebody does not start soon, nobody will be interested to join at all :D

Zeratchi

Postby Zeratchi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Radzh, I hope they speak english :P
No way in hell that the new Arcanum is going Russian xD ha ha...

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Zeratchi wrote:Radzh, I hope they speak english :P
No way in hell that the new Arcanum is going Russian xD ha ha...

I think that it will be great to have some Russian voice actors with Russian accent that speaks English :)

Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Postby radzh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Zeratchi, boldly said :)

Arronax's Best Friend
Zombie
Arronax's Best Friend
ArcanumAlive Developer
Zombie

Postby Crypton » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I'll try some voice acting too :lol: I think that anybody can do that, its question of practice and understanding of character personality :) Nothing more... we'll see :lol:

Next

Return to Audio Content