Make some NPCs alive - Give them your voice

Discussion related to audio content.
Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Make some NPCs alive - Give them your voice

Post by Crypton » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Hello citizens :lol:

Is there anybody who is able to voice act? It doesn't need to be professional, but somebody who knows something about that or who thinks that his voice is charismatic/unique in some way.

What characters you may voice act? There are two categories:

-First is to voice act some unique character which has no voice yet, those who gives you some quests, affect storyline somehow etc, so every unique NPC will have own voice.

As example of unique NPC, when you start new game, and you go to west, there is cave, when you enter, there is ghost bandit, when you talk to him, he gives you a quest and reveal his name, Charles Brehgo, so this is unique NPC, gives you quest and has unique name.

This was Zeratchi's idea, thanks to him ;)

-Second is to voice act/re-speech unique character which has own voice already, for example Virgil or Magnus, it means we will need brand new voices for them.

If you are interested, and you want to help, please post your voice act demo in this topic, and name of character you want to voice act, we may need to discuss it a bit and determine which character may suit you best...

In this demo, you may say anything, but it will be nice if you select some sentence from Arcanum. ;)

Zeratchi

Re: Make them alive - Give them your voice

Post by Zeratchi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:53 am

Ah. I know this is the only way, but changing the classics voices = cry.
I love Virgils voice ^^ he he.
Can't someone take contact with him (in the real world) and ask if he wants to put some lines or so? :P he he..
All the others, a sad thing, but the virgil part is the most important! :D

I'm like this because the love I have for Arcanum ^^ he he..

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:34 am

Zeratchi wrote:Ah. I know this is the only way, but changing the classics voices = cry.
I love Virgils voice ^^ he he.
Can't someone take contact with him (in the real world) and ask if he wants to put some lines or so? :P he he..
All the others, a sad thing, but the virgil part is the most important! :D

I'm like this because the love I have for Arcanum ^^ he he..
Hey, I was thinking about same thing a few days ago, about hiring that voice actors, because I think that it will be so hard to find them :)

The Problem is that they are living in different county that we do, plus they are used to voice act in professional studios and mostly they are used to get paid :D

This will be possible, but somebody will need to 'dedicate' his into it, I mean find out these people, convince them, find good studio for recording, and be prepared to have extra thousands of dollars to pay them.

Or do you think that somebody of them will agree with voice acting via Skype?:D or at home, via mic that cost $1 ?:D

PS: I think that it will be possible and much easier, to obtain licence to distribute Arcanum files with our new engine, but I was unable to find out who owns rights to that content, when Sierra is no anymore.

Zeratchi

Post by Zeratchi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Maybe they can help us out anyhow, without the high payment ^^
This is for a good cause, right? :D he he..

Would be kinda cool to talk the actuall person who does Virgils voice, like on the phone or skype..
Just listen to him talk away about anything, I would still enjoy it ^^ ha ha..

rroyo
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by rroyo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:08 am

Although I'm currently not in a position to be of any help on voice-acting, I'd like to toss my hat in for locations where an older man's rough, growly voice is called for.
Too many years of shouting over noisy equipment and exposure to chemical fumes has really done a number on my vocal cords. Add a chest-cold on top of this and I'd make a great lich.
If you can't go through a problem, go over it, under it, or around it.

Zeratchi

Post by Zeratchi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:44 am

Sounds great rroyo.
Also, we can modify your/mine/whoevers voice, so it sounds cleaner/smoother/darker and so forth.

Just record your voice, send it over here or pm, and I can have a look at it, if you want.
Slow it down just a bit (makes it darker with a bit more bas) and do some rework.

Just throwing out ideas now, but if you don't have the knowledge, I would gladly do it :)

Ryshek
Bunny
Bunny

Post by Ryshek » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm

It just so happens that I love voice acting!

I have MorphVOX Pro and can do a wide variety of voices, and I have a girlfriend who wouldn't mind helping out :D

I did the voice acting for this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpCv8-tk ... e=youtu.be

Ryshek
Bunny
Bunny

Post by Ryshek » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 am

Why are you wanting to redo the voices for characters that have already been voiced? copy right issues?

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 am

Ryshek wrote:Why are you wanting to redo the voices for characters that have already been voiced? copy right issues?
Yes. There was an idea, that one day, there will be a standalone & open-source version of Arcanum. The standalone part of the idea would require to recreate all the game content. And it's not going to happen any soon, so please have a look only at characters that don't have it's own voice bank already.

Also, if you're going choose a in-game character by yourself, please try some minor characters first. You might want to try: Constable Owens in Shrouded Hills, Charles in Crash Site, Muggs and Caleb in Tarrant.

Cheers :mrgreen: