[2D] Main menu background

Discussion related to graphic content.
Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

[2D] Main menu background

Post by Crypton » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:51 am

A week ago, I found one image in one gallery which reminds me Arcanum a lot, then I looked at description and saw that guy wanted to give to that image a Arcanum atmosphere, and I think that he did succeeded.

His name is Ozcan Sener and he gave us permission to use his image as menu background in OpenArcanum. Thanks to him...
More at: http://www.3dtotal.com/getgalleryitem.p ... es&id=3306

Digitalboy

Re: [2D] Main menu background

Post by Digitalboy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:22 am

This Background is really good Crypton but there is one problem..this image shows only the technological aspect of the game,you need something both technological AND magical(like the original menu bg)

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:18 pm

You are right, but any magic stuff could added into it, its not wasted :)

When we talk you that, what do you think about idea that you might add some magic into it? :D

Digitalboy

Post by Digitalboy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:31 pm

But we must have the source 3d file if we want to add anything to it , if we add 3d things to the 2d picture it will be unrealistic.
and if we add something with photoshop , it will not be so cool

we can do this : have 2 menu backgrounds,one for tech and one for magic so that OpenArcanum can randomly select one of them at the start of the game.

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Digitalboy wrote:But we must have the source 3d file if we want to add anything to it , if we add 3d things to the 2d picture it will be unrealistic.
and if we add something with photoshop , it will not be so cool

we can do this : have 2 menu backgrounds,one for tech and one for magic so that OpenArcanum can randomly select one of them at the start of the game.
I think that it could be added easily, no need for original files :) but thanks for that idea of having different backgrounds.

ViRGiL7
Bunny
Bunny

Post by ViRGiL7 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi! My first post here. :)
This image is a very very cool. It looks very technologically and... "steampunky". Nice style, nice ;) . But i agree with Digitalboy - it not contain magic/technology sense. Therefore, I consider that this nice picture must be put as load-screen.
On load-screens there is no sense of sharing of tech/magic. Will looked very cool.

But if you decide put this picture on main-menu, i think it must be chosen not randomly. The background should depend on propensity (magic/tech) of the character. It will be interesting and will make menu a little dinamic. But i see a little problem - player may use a many characters. :doh:

It were my sentences in this respect ))

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:02 pm

ViRGiL7 wrote:Hi! My first post here. :)
This image is a very very cool. It looks very technologically and... "steampunky". Nice style, nice ;) . But i agree with Digitalboy - it not contain magic/technology sense. Therefore, I consider that this nice picture must be put as load-screen.
On load-screens there is no sense of sharing of tech/magic. Will looked very cool.

But if you decide put this picture on main-menu, i think it must be chosen not randomly. The background should depend on propensity (magic/tech) of the character. It will be interesting and will make menu a little dinamic. But i see a little problem - player may use a many characters. :doh:

It were my sentences in this respect ))
Welcome! :whistle:

I guess you are both right, its missing magic, and if somebody do not add some, we can use it as loading slide as you suggested, so thanks for input ;)

lollersis
Bunny
Bunny

Post by lollersis » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 pm

This is good. So good.

The only change I think would improve the picture would be changing the revolver a bit. It looks too modern. Otherwise, good!