OpenArcanum - FAQ & Project overview

Discuss anything that is related to ArcanumAlive project.
Zeratchi
Kite Scout
Kite Scout

Re: OpenArcanum - FAQ & Project overview

Post by Zeratchi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:25 pm

By the way, I just sent a e-mail request to activision (Who owns the rights/license) to Arcanum, hopefully they will see within reason onto selling it to me within reason.
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria

Blaze656
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Blaze656 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:14 am

I like your optimism...but in my experience, most corporations, even the good ones tend to greedily hoard IP like dragons. They may never use it, but the idea that they might one day is enough. Especially given the length and murkiness of copyright in situations like this.

But yes, try for all us fans. God knows, it might happen!

-Blaze

Zeratchi
Kite Scout
Kite Scout

Post by Zeratchi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 am

Blaze656 wrote:I like your optimism
Well, I lose nothing from asking, and if by some strange troika miracle, it can be bought within reason. Think of the possibilities Crypton can do with that :P he he..

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 am

Zeratchi, PM wrote:Hi.

I'm back (once again), I must say that I'm shocked that you decided to continue on with this - considering the lack of support, hardware problem and so on.

I think it is great that you are going to try and make this happen!
And as always with my wishful thinking, I'm going to spend more time figuring out how stuff works when integrating new thing into Arcanum. (I'm not a programmer, but I'm moving forward slowly).

But, I wanted to ask you if you are available in short durations on some form of 'chat', in order to be a bit more productive, there are a few things that I would like to ask you of.
If I could get a few answers quickly, that would 'speed' things up A LOT. (If you have the time of course).

These questions would be related to how you implement new/edited and implement new stuff into Arcanum.
Like, can you copy a regular dagger, change the Icon/Attributes/texture so that it becomes a new object?

And what program do you use in order to do your testing, cause I've used WorldEd a bit, but for some reason it is so SLOOOW.

Hope you will continue on with this project.
See you around!

Best regards-
Zeratchi.
Hello,

First of all, please, do not send me a private messages, if you want to discuss this project. Start a new topic or ask in any existing, and if I don't respond immediately, it means that I'm busy with other matters. ;)

To answer your question, I do not *chat* about this project. Any discussion regarding this project should be public, so anyone might find the answers to any questions they have.

And yes, this project was abandoned several times, but I did always announce the reasons why I couldn't continue. Leaving without even saying goodbye would a big rude, don't you think so? ;)

Have a nice day.

Zeratchi
Kite Scout
Kite Scout

Post by Zeratchi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Crypton wrote: Hello,

First of all, please, do not send me a private messages, if you want to discuss this project. Start a new topic or ask in any existing, and if I don't respond immediately, it means that I'm busy with other matters. ;)

To answer your question, I do not *chat* about this project. Any discussion regarding this project should be public, so anyone might find the answers to any questions they have.

And yes, this project was abandoned several times, but I did always announce the reasons why I couldn't continue. Leaving without even saying goodbye would a big rude, don't you think so? ;)

Have a nice day.
Hi.

Fair enough, you could always just post the chat history, but that is another story ^^
You might announced that you left, but very silently that you returned - I just went to your facebook page by randomness to check out if anything had happen since last time, and my reaction was like "Holy sh*t".

But no more chat/pm, and I'll try to find related forum pages about the questions I might have ^^

See you around!

Zeratchi..

Blaze656
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Blaze656 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm

I'll keep that in mind also!