qtScribe v0.8

Discuss anything that is related to ArcanumAlive project.
Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

qtScribe v0.8

Post by Crypton » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:42 pm

There is released a new version of qtScribe - Arcanum's all in one editor :)

For more info, visit official page:
http://radzh.game-alive.com/qtscribe.html

Download:
http://radzh.game-alive.com/download/qtScribe.0.8.zip

Please discuss and report any bugs here, any suggestions are welcomed as well ;)

Now let's say thanks to radzh for this tool :clap:

rroyo
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Re: qtScribe v0.8

Post by rroyo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:41 pm

Thank you radzh! :clap:
If you can't go through a problem, go over it, under it, or around it.

radzh
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by radzh » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:15 am

Thanks, radzh! Oh, it's me...

ViRGiL7
Bunny
Bunny

Post by ViRGiL7 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Yes, Radzh, great thanks! :clap:
Only "thanks" (and "arigato" :) ) i has told for the beta version ( where was realised only palettes).
Now - great Thanks! :clap:

Koorac
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Koorac » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm afraid somehow a bug causing the correct operation for tests and results in dialogues not being displayed in the GUI slipped in (at least this happens on my PC). I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Koorac wrote:I'm afraid somehow a bug causing the correct operation for tests and results in dialogues not being displayed in the GUI slipped in (at least this happens on my PC). I'll try to fix it ASAP.
Hmm, you are still working on qtScribe too? Then we should thank you too, at least for contributing ;)

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Koorac
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Koorac » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:31 am

Fixed that bug, but in the process found another tricky one. Might take 2-3 days until a new version with fixed dialogue editing is ready.

Meanwhile DON'T attempt using the dialogue editing tab, it will format your HDD or even worse ;)
(Note: this is a joke, the worst that can happen is qtScribe itself crashing)
Last edited by Koorac on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 am

Koorac wrote:Fixed that bug, but in the process found another tricky one. Might take 2-3 days until a new version with fixed dialogue editing is ready.

Meanwhile DON'T attemt using the Dialogue editing tab, it will format your HDD or even worse ;)
What a heck? :shock: format HDD? or worse? I hope that nobody will experience that, you guys should test new versions more, I know that its not easy, but at least IO features should be tested, anyway I did deleted that version from server, so nobody else will be in risk....

:think:

Koorac
Ailing Wolf
Ailing Wolf

Post by Koorac » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:56 am

Crypton wrote: What a heck?:D format HDD? or worse? I hope that nobody will experience that, you guys should test new versions more, I know that its not easy, but at least IO features should be tested, anyway I did deleted that version from server, so nobody else will be in risk....

:think:
Maybe I didn't see the irony in your post or maybe it wasn't obvious enough in mine.
Just to clarify, it will of course not format the HDD, it was just a joke.
Worst thing that can happen is that qtScribe crashes, and even if that happens it will not modify any files. I purposfully did not allow modifying existing files, you always have to save it as a new file. That functionality will only be added when it is 100% bug-free.

Crypton
Arronax's Best Friend
Arronax's Best Friend

Post by Crypton » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:42 am

Koorac wrote: Maybe I didn't see the irony in your post or maybe it wasn't obvious enough in mine.
Just to clarify, it will of course not format the HDD, it was just a joke.
Worst thing that can happen is that qtScribe crashes, and even if that happens it will not modify any files. I purposfully did not allow modifying existing files, you always have to save it as a new file. That functionality will only be added when it is 100% bug-free.
What? it was a joke? How I should knew that? I dont know how qtScribe works, I'm not a qtScribe developer, you know :) but you can easily "format" HDD by mistake, for example you want to delete files from folder, you use = operator instead of == while comparing file extension, and voala, you've deleted all files, or pass wrong folder, etc. There is many things that can go wrong while IO, I still remember a game uninstaller that deleted all my files from desktop instead, so thats why I didnt took that as joke :twisted:

So I'll upload that file back... :clap: